REMOVING CARTRIDGE ELEMENT
1. Shut off the pump.
2. If filter is located below water level, close valves or block off suction & discharge lines to prevent backflow of water from the source.
3. Unscrew and remove locking ring (counterclockwise direction) and carefully lift off top cover to gain access to filter cartridge.
4. Lift out cartridge and clean. Or, replace with clean, spare cartridge.
REINSTALLING NEW CARTRIDGE ELEMENT
1. Clean any collected debris from the bottom of filter body.
2. Carefully replace cartridge element into filter body ensuring that the cartridge sits evenly on the collector hub at the bottom of filter body.
3. Place cover on filter body (being sure filter head 0-ring is in place and clean).
4. Tighten locking ring in clockwise direction. (Hand tight only.)
5. Proceed as in STARTING THE FILTER.